- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) Project Coordinators are responsible for overseeing and engaging students in SSI projects. In particular, these positions is responsible for: (1) planning and executing sustainability-related projects, and (2) recruiting, coordinating, and supervising volunteers and interns. Each project coordinator is responsible for a different area of sustainability. Our current project areas are: energy, food, landscape, transportation, waste reduction, and water.
All staff members of the SSI are responsible for furthering the SSI’s mission and vision in the following ways: (1) recruit and train potential SSI staff, interns, and volunteers, (2) act as a liaison between the SSI and other organizations, (3) encourage and support students in furthering their own vision of sustainability on campus, (4) develop a sense of ownership and community for students within the SSI, (5) increase community understanding of the need for a sustainable culture and the opportunities and resources available to address that need, and (6) encourage movement by the institution towards a sustainable future.
● An understanding of and passion for sustainability
● Problem solving skills
● Experience working with diverse groups of people
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team
● Project management experience
● Great people skills
● Experience working with volunteers or interns
● Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and execute projects, events, or campaigns
● Knowledge and experience with position-specific area of sustainability
● Awareness of diverse approaches to creating cultures of sustainability
● Demonstrated leadership skills
● An awareness of and/or connection to campus and community groups in position-specific area of sustainability
● The position starts spring term, with the possibility of shadowing during the last week of winter term. The coordinator is expected to work 10-15 hours/week.
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to SSI Director Olivia Poblacion at SSI.email@example.com. In the cover letter, please address the following: why are you interested in working for the SSI; what do you feel you have to contribute to the program and; how do you feel the SSI can best create a culture of sustainability at OSU.