- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) Fee Board Chair is an employee of the SSI, and is responsible for the overall advancement, effectiveness, health, and longevity of the Student Sustainability Initiative. The Board Chair is accountable to OSU Student/Incidental Fees Committee and is charged with responsible expenditure of student fee funds. This position works closely with the SSI’s Director(s) and Faculty Advisors.
All staff members of the SSI are responsible for furthering the SSI’s mission and vision in the following ways: (1) recruit and train potential SSI staff, interns, and volunteers, (2) act as a liaison between the SSI and other organizations, (3) encourage and support students in furthering their own vision of sustainability on campus, (4) develop a sense of ownership and community for students within the SSI, (5) increase community understanding of the need for a sustainable culture and the opportunities and resources available to address that need, and (6) encourage movement by the institution towards a sustainable future.
● Further the SSI's mission
● Assist in the long-term planning and development of the program
● Report to the SSI Faculty Advisors
● Convene and chair an average of two SSI Fee Board meetings per month throughout the academic year and serve as a voting member
● Attend SSI staff meetings at least once per month during the academic year, or as requested
● Ensure consistent and effective communication with the Director(s)
● Lead budget development for the subsequent fiscal year, and present to SIFC
● Lead grant selection, maintain communications with grant recipients, and oversee the grant allocation process
● Oversee promotion and management of the Sustainable Energy Revolving Loan Fund
● An understanding of, and passion for, sustainability
● A familiarity of the SSI, its history, and its activities
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team
● Demonstrated leadership abilities
● Demonstrated group facilitation abilities
● Previous involvement with the SSI
● Knowledge of, or experience with, organizational development
Budgeting or financial experience
Employment starts July 1st, 2013 at 20-40 hours/month. Employment will last until June 30th of the following year.
Submit a cover letter and resume addressed to the SSI Search Committee via email to Brandon Trelstad (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the cover letter, please address at least one of the following: why are you interested in working for the SSI; what do you feel you have to contribute to the program and/or the position; how do you feel the SSI can best create a culture of sustainability at OSU. Applications are due Friday, June 7, 2013.