- Know Yourself
- The World of Work
- Tools and Skills
- Career Fairs, Seminars, & Events
- Graduate/Professional School
- Recruiting Strategies
- Career Fairs
- Post Jobs/Internships
- Seminars & Events
- On-Campus Recruiting
- About OSU Colleges & Students
- Travel to OSU
- OSU Orange Circle Sponsorship
- Employer FAQs
- Employer Newsletter
- Faculty & Staff
- Ecampus Students
- About Us
Resources for Veterans
Welcome to OSU, Veterans! Thank you for your service.
As with all our students, we are here to help you develop goals for your own career development--whether that means discovering your interests, or applying for a great internship. Come see us, as you transition from your life in the military to life at OSU. In the mean time, here are some links you might find helpful, in addition to all the information under the "students" or "alumni" sections of our website.
Local and Regional Resources:
- OSU Veterans Website - information specifically for OSU Students and Veterans
- Veteran Student Resources (Disability Access Services) - a webpage designed to provide access to veteran student information and resources available in the OSU community and beyond.
- Office of Equity and Inclusion - oversees the Consideration of Veterans in the Hiring Process and the OSU Policy on Veteran Status
- Transition Assistance Online - is the largest source of transition assistance information, jobs, and tools for today's separating military. On this career site for military veterans, service members can find the resources needed to transition from their much appreciated military service, to the perfect civilian career.
- Oregon Opportunities - is a resource for Oregonians thinking of returning to college to obtain skills or a degree—or considering college for the first time. Whatever brought you to our website, we’re glad you’re here!
Job Search and Career Opportunities:
- USA Jobs for Veterans - There are laws providing Veterans' preference and special appointing authorities for veterans, as well as the fact that agencies recognize that hiring veterans is just good business. Federal service provides a means for veterans to continue their noble service to this country.
- State of Oregon Resources for Veterans - The purpose of the Veterans Program is to provide the maximum level of employment and training opportunities for veterans.
- Veteran Recruiting - a division of Astound Virtual who has revolutionized the way military friendly employers, service members, veterans, and military spouses connect as it relates to the job search. Through the VRS virtual recruitment center, employers can recruit veteran talent across the globe in an efficient, effective, and environmentally friendly manner.
- Veterans Enterprise - an online magazine dedicated to increasing diversity inclusion in America’s workforce for veterans.
- Resume Writing for Veterans - handout about how to write a resume when you are a veteran
NOTE:The Career Services website contains links to websites not under the control of Oregon State University Career Services and we are not responsible for their contents. We'd like to hear your comments about these sites; feel free to contact us.
On the recommendation of our counseling staff, Career Services lists job and career information sites that generally meet the following criteria: are of interest to OSU students, easily navigated, and require no fee or registration prior to viewing. New sites may be submitted for consideration and are typically reviewed on an annual basis. Please indicate the page on our site where you think your link would be appropriate.